Arizona Rep. Russell Rusty Bowers issued the following announcement on March 12.
House Speaker Rusty Bowers and Senate President Karen Fann today issued the following joint statement:
Yesterday, Governor Ducey issued a declaration of emergency and an executive order regarding COVID-19, the novel coronavirus. Here at the Legislature, we are monitoring this developing situation closely and working to ensure the health and safety of our members, staff, and the public. To that end, we are taking several reasonable and appropriate steps, including:
• Effective tomorrow, March 13, 2020, both the House and Senate galleries will be closed to the public.
• We encourage members of the public to limit their attendance at committee hearings until further notice. Committee chairs are to limit testimony for and against legislation in committee and consider alternative methods to receive public input. Members of the public wishing to weigh in are encouraged to do so via email, phone, or the Request to Speak system. Live proceedings may be viewed online here.
• All field trips, and all visits from outside organizations, foreign dignitaries, etc., are cancelled, starting tomorrow.
• Members and staff are being encouraged to avoid in-person meetings; holding meetings telephonically or via Skype or a similar service instead.
• The Senate and House will further increase efforts to clean and disinfect the buildings throughout the day, wiping down door handles and surfaces. Employees who are sick will stay home or go home.
This situation is evolving rapidly, and we will continue to take additional measures as necessary to respond to this challenge.
Original source can be found here.